The Babcock 3 inch Horizontal Model Live Steam Engine Boiler is a complete kit with an easy to assemble base and is suitable for driving all our engines.
Babcock type boilers have tubes projecting under the main cylinder body to improve heat transfer from the burners and hence steam output compared to a simple cylinder. The boiler is heated from underneath by twin pan burners.
The main boiler pressure vessel is silver soldered copper and tested (certificate provided) with a base of fully machined stainless steel unpainted parts, that can be easily assembled with simple tools.
It is recommended that the base casing is painted with heat proof black aerosol paint. The boiler can be left copper or sprayed black to match.
All boiler fittings are supplied, along with the twin burners, gas pipe and gas cannister valve, see below andphoto for complete kit as supplied. Assembly is required but can be achieved with simple tools.
The boiler includes:
- Copper boiler body/cylinder
- Safety valve
- Stainless Steel base casing
- Steam outlet valve
- Water Level Gauge
- Pressure Gauge
- 2 x Brass feed pump lug plugs
- Brass Chimney Crown
- 2 x high efficiency gauze burners
- Gas pipe and gas cannister valve
- Thread Lock
NOTE: The pictures are of the assembled boiler.
Optional extras include ready made copper steam pipe (with connector for specific engine).
- Pressure Vessel Dimensions: 3" (75 mm) diameter, 9 1/2" (240 mm) long
- Base casing: 4" (100mm) wide, 9" (230mm) long and 6 1/4" (155 mm) tall
- Overall: height 7 1/2" (190 mm), length 14 1/2" (70 mm)
- Steam Outlet/Stop Valve Connection: 5/16" x 26tpi ME for 5/32" or 3/16" pipe
- Working pressure: 60 psi (4 bar)
Warning: Never light the burner without water in the boiler and follow all safety instructions (included).
Babcock 3 inch Horizontal Model Steam Boiler Complete
- Product Code: BH3B
- Availability: 2